We live in the best city ever! They do so many fun things during the week.
We went to the Concert in the Park featuring some of Salem's very own musicians. They did a fabulous job.
The next night was the Movie at the ball fields. This year they played The Lego Movie. It is funny and cute, I am a fan :)
![]() |
| This is a boat someone made for the Duct Tape Boat Regada the day before. He is a character from the Lego movie, so naturally he was the special guest at the Movie in the ball field. |
My family participated in the Fun Run at 7 in the morning, I decided there is nothing fun about running...so I just woke up for the free breakfast.
They always give away prizes to those who participated in the Fun Run, along with the normal medal ceremony. The prize give away is usually nothing noteworthy but this year Drew one a gif card for a Chicken sandwich from Wendy's. Chicken Sandwiches are one of his favorite things, so we were all excited for him. He looked at us confused and said "guys, it's just a card..." We tried to explain that he could get a Chicken sandwich from it....I don't think it ever clicked. He was less than thrilled about getting a card as a prize.
After that was the parade. Parades are pretty fun, the kids get candy and they like that.
We went to the dinner they have before the Pageant and I found a nasty vein in my meat so I didn't eat it.
Last was the Pageant and the Fireworks. This is always the highlight of the week for me. The Pageant is always silly and cheesy, but we love it anyway. The Firework show though is pretty incredible. Pretty sure we spend all the town budget on Fireworks every year, but it is worth it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment